Monday 23 July 2012

My Learning Response


What I learn throughout the course...

I have learnt a lot throughout the whole six days course with Dr Yeap. It has definitely fulfilling for me and it helps me to learn to understand the curriculum better and the demand of the Primary school curriculum in Mathematics. With what I have learnt, it helps me to prepare the children with useful skills to prepare them to fulfill the demands of not just the Primary school curriculum but the process of learning and life skills as well.

I have particularly learnt and understand about the CPA approach of teaching which consist of
  • Concrete
  • Pictorial
  • Abstract
I could not agree more on how this approach will really help children in understanding Mathematical skills and concepts that are being taught to them. When children went through all the three processes, children will be able to master the Mathematical concept with ease. It enriches the children's process of learning and by doing continuous assesment on the children as the lesson is going through the three teaching process, teachers will be more certain in the development of the children in every particular Mathematical skill.

Aside from that, I have learnt about the usage of English Literature to teach Mathematics concepts and how it could be used  to teach not just Mathematical concept but other skills such as problem solving, decision making and language comprehension by just listening to the story.

Lastly, I learn the importance for being explitly precised when asking Mathematical questions to prevent misinterpretations and misunderstandings by the children. The language used should also be carefully used so as there will be no confusion on the children. Example of using and saying out the same noun when doing counting such, "One ball, two balls, three balls..." rather than, "One, two, three..."

I have sure to learn more than these three skills but listed are just three major ones that I have learn throughout the sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment