Tuesday 17 July 2012

Interesting.... Inspiring....

Inspiring...

It was a fruitful session with Dr Yeap learning about THE REAL FACTS about Math. Dr Yeap is sure to be one of the inspiring lecturer throughout the course. The session has inspired me to be a better Math teacher knowing that I might be the reason children love Math or even hate Math.  The activities that were done throughout the course were really interesting and engaging that we didn't realize the time passes by real fast. I realized that there are lots of different ways to plan an activity not only focusing on the content but on other aspects of their learning as well. The activities that were done in class were really inspiring for me and I wonder if I am up to planning interesting and engaging activities based on what I have learnt in the course.


Interesting...

The activities that Dr Yeap did with us in class were very interesting and we were really engaged in the activities done. Activities like listening to the sound of coins in the bottle was suprisingly involves high level of focus and the ability to predict the number of coins simply by listening to the sound of the coins. I simply find it interesting that through the simple activity, there are actually a lot of learning opportunities for the children.

One more activity that I really find it interesting is teaching Mathematics using English Literature piece. By using a book, we could teach the Mathematics content, the thinking process as well as the comprehension of the story as part of language focus activity. Intergrated lesson like this, is definitely interesting and it could also help the children in not just learning Mathematics OR language, but BOTH at the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment